So my very first transfer went perfectly!. Aside from a little mishap with me being forever fashionably late and probably giving my IFs unnecessary high blood pressure because I miss judged the length of time it would take me to drive during rush hour traffic:)- I did manage to sign in, give my IF a huge bear hug...ahhh he is so sweet! and look like I had been waiting for a while as our super amazing Dr. walked over seconds later. She came over and embraced both of us...it was like a huge love fest..so much hugging going on I can't even describe how awesome this experience was.
Everything was on time and fast which I was especially grateful for since my bladder was uncomfortably full for the sonogram. Kind of felt like the red carpet treatment. I didn't have to wait or even fill out paper work. The nurse also crazy nice whisked me and my IF to the transfer room..where I got changed and almost made a be line for the toilet but gratefully I remembered...to hold it!
After a little small talk as my IF and I were gasping at the 20 inch t.v. screen image of the embryo (see below) that we were about to transfer it was time. The Dr. inserted a catheter and did a quick practice transfer with some fluid then the embryologist came in, spoke to us and in seconds with all eyes on the monitor the transfer was complete. It looked like a shooting star..a bright little flash and then it was over.
I think we were there a whopping twenty five minutes and in that short time a science miracle transpired right before our eyes. Now comes the dreaded two week wait. Since labor day weekend falls in the middle of that we will only be waiting 9 days, 8 days as I write this until my first beta blood draw!! Of course I have a few pregnancy tests on hand should I get a sudden urge to see what's going on in there. But I don't expect to see anything positive until at least another five or six days out at the earliest. That will bring us to 6 or 7dp5dt. (7 days past a five day transfer)
So fingers crossed that this will be the first and only transfer and that we will have a BFP by next week!!
BETA scheduled for Friday the 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So on the downside I must observe the following:
1. Continue daily PIO injections..although I must say I'm doing pretty freakin good at sticking myself!!
2. No Alcohol
3. No caffeine
4. No Sexual activity unitl....? Among many other things but these are the most difficult:(
Here is the perfect Embie that we transferred!!!! How cool is that? Holy science is all I can say!!

Everything was on time and fast which I was especially grateful for since my bladder was uncomfortably full for the sonogram. Kind of felt like the red carpet treatment. I didn't have to wait or even fill out paper work. The nurse also crazy nice whisked me and my IF to the transfer room..where I got changed and almost made a be line for the toilet but gratefully I remembered...to hold it!
After a little small talk as my IF and I were gasping at the 20 inch t.v. screen image of the embryo (see below) that we were about to transfer it was time. The Dr. inserted a catheter and did a quick practice transfer with some fluid then the embryologist came in, spoke to us and in seconds with all eyes on the monitor the transfer was complete. It looked like a shooting star..a bright little flash and then it was over.
I think we were there a whopping twenty five minutes and in that short time a science miracle transpired right before our eyes. Now comes the dreaded two week wait. Since labor day weekend falls in the middle of that we will only be waiting 9 days, 8 days as I write this until my first beta blood draw!! Of course I have a few pregnancy tests on hand should I get a sudden urge to see what's going on in there. But I don't expect to see anything positive until at least another five or six days out at the earliest. That will bring us to 6 or 7dp5dt. (7 days past a five day transfer)
So fingers crossed that this will be the first and only transfer and that we will have a BFP by next week!!
BETA scheduled for Friday the 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So on the downside I must observe the following:
1. Continue daily PIO injections..although I must say I'm doing pretty freakin good at sticking myself!!
2. No Alcohol
3. No caffeine
4. No Sexual activity unitl....? Among many other things but these are the most difficult:(
Here is the perfect Embie that we transferred!!!! How cool is that? Holy science is all I can say!!
No comments:
Post a Comment