Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Round Two

With a failed pregnancy, lots of heartache and a surprisingly pain free miscarriage at 5 weeks, my IFs and I are officially moving forward. Since my body is completely back to it's pre-pregnancy state, our RE has pushed our second transfer forward one month. So we are now on track for a December transfer, woot woot!

Since I have hyporthyroidism, our RE suggested that I get monitored by a specialist prior to our second transfer. I had my first appointment several weeks ago and at this point my thyroid seems to be cooperating, i.e. stable, and so gratefully my medication dosage will remain at 50mcg of synthroid daily. This is one medication that when the dosage is changed, can cause terrible heart palpitations. I experienced this over the summer when my RE switched my dosage four or five times over just a few months. Sooo not fun.

So I began taking lupron two days ago and once aunt flow visits I will be given my tentative transfer date. Next week my IFs and I have an appointment with our RE to touch base and go over all the details for the upcoming transfer. I believe that this time around my IFs will keep who is the genetic father a mystery. Everyone and their grandmother asked them whose sperm they used last time so they decided after our miscarriage for the embryologist to select on the day of transfer the very best embryo. I love that idea! Just seems to take the pressure off of them both, after all the goal here is to end up with one healthy little baby.

So fingers crossed that this second transfer will be a success!!

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, I wish you and your IFs good luck, I'm excited for you and can empathize and hope to be on the same track soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up on your story. Fingers and toes are all crossed for you guys as you move forward next month! Look forward to following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully the second time around will be the charm!

      Delete