Yesterday I had my follow-up ultrasound to check my endometruim lining and to have my BHCG levels rechecked. I'm so relieved and excited that everything looked great.
The overwhelming dread and anticipation of having a miscarriage has been emotionally exhausting. I feel so lucky that I was able to go through this terrible process without even knowing it. I experienced what was a longer then normal period for me with no cramping or discomfort. My hcg hormone came back at 44 and will be rechecked in two weeks to make sure that it goes down to zero.
Since I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism last summer I have been taking synthroid to stabilize my thyroid hormone levels. For some reason my thyroid has been a bit temperamental ever since and I have been switched from 75mcg to 50mcg to 25 mcg every day to 25mcg every other day and then back up to 50mcgs which I'm taking daily now. Since an unstable thyroid can cause problems with getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy my RE has requested that I be monitored by a specialist prior to our next transfer. So I found an endocrinologist and have my first appointment next Monday.
My IFs are thrilled that we are now starting to move forward. Hopefully all stays on track and we will be able to begin the new year with our second transfer and a successful pregnancy. My IF's are so excited and ready to become fathers and I'm so longing for the day when that happens!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment