Friday, September 14, 2012

Saliva and lots of it....

Yesterday I had the sensation that my mouth was filling up with saliva because it was! I'm swallowing constantly just to keep from drooling. It's rather unpleasant and the only times this happens to me normally is when I'm about to take a big old bite of something delicious or right before I need to throw up...yuck!! Luckily for me I don't feel nauseous or sick in any way, I just feel like there is a waterfall of saliva in my mouth now and I can't seem to get rid of it. Feeling jealous much?

So feeling a little alarmed I jumped online and as I suspected excess saliva is yet another perk of pregnancy. It is reassuring to know that I'm not the only woman expereincing this rather gross and annoying pregnancy symptom though. So aside from this I'm still feeling fantastic. I did expereince a gag relex yesterday though. I had stuck the top of a marker into my mouth so I could simaltanously write and hold my phone while juggling some papers. Hoping it was just a fluke and not a sign of things to come:)

So today we are 6 weeks along. So I thought I would share some pictures and a few fun facts below.

Courtesy of : www.thebump.com

your baby's the size of a sweet pea!
The average embryo at week 6 is about .25 inches and will double in size again next week. Wow!

your baby at 6 weeks
  • Obviously, she's growing like crazy!
  • She's also circulating blood with her increasingly more sophisticated circulatory sytem.
  • She's about to get cuter too, since she's starting to sprout a nose, eyes, ears, chin and cheeks.
  • And she might even be wiggling her (paddle-like) hands and feet.

1 comment:

  1. I love having someone so close to my timeline! You will blaze the trail for me! I'm five weeks tomorrow and have been wondering when the "morning" sickness kicks in. I'll take saliva any day over nausea. :)

    ReplyDelete